Crowns and Bridges
Do you have one or more damaged, missing or rotten teeth? The team at My Dentist at Cannon Hill can restore your smile and protect your teeth against future damage with dental crowns and bridges. Both procedures can be used together to restore the appearance and functionality of your teeth.
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are natural-looking tooth replacements that are placed over an existing tooth. Unlike other options, crowns don’t simply replace a missing tooth; they also offer a layer of protection for teeth that have been damaged or decayed.
Dental crowns provide strength and protection while also transforming your smile. In cosmetic dentistry, a crown can be used to improve the shape, size and colour of a tooth.
When Would I Need a Dental Crown?
You should book an appointment to see your dentist when your tooth has:
- become chipped, cracked and worn
- cracks through it, meaning it can fracture
- been weakened by decay or trauma
- been filled and the filling needs to be concealed
- become misshapen or discoloured
The Types of Dental Crowns at Cannon Hill
Crowns can be made from various materials depending on your individual needs.
The different types of crowns are:
- full porcelain– we recommend these crowns for a superior natural appearance
- porcelain fused with metal– a stronger dental crown that still offers a natural look
- full metal crowns– the most durable, but most noticeable, dental crown; usually ideal for back teeth and molars
- the one-visit crown– new, revolutionary technology to restore teeth in one visit
What Is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are permanent restorations that are used to replace missing teeth in your mouth. A dental bridge usually consists of two crowns and a false tooth that “bridges” the gap in between. The crowns are placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap for strength, stability and support.
Missing teeth can affect the structure, functionality and strength of the surrounding teeth, causing them to weaken and eventually fall out. Along with affecting your confidence, missing teeth can hinder your ability to chew and speak. If left unrectified, missing teeth can cause your face to sag and visibly age.
The Process of Dental Bridges
Our dentists take care of your smile carefully with our safe procedure.
- The surrounding teeth are reshaped to fit the crowns
- An accurate dental bridge is made from teeth impressions
- When it’s ready, this bridge will be fitted and adjusted
- You can enjoy a healthy, attractive, functional smile once more!
Visit My Dentist at Cannon Hill
My Dentist at Cannon Hill fits dental crowns and bridges to the people of Brisbane, the local area of Cannon Hill and the surrounding suburbs. This includes Murarrie, Morningside, Carina, Carina Heights, Tingalpa, Hemmant, Balmoral, Hawthorne, Bulimba, Carindale, Belmont, Seven Hills and Camp Hill.
To talk about your options for chipped and broken teeth, call (07) 3902 1023 and make an appointment.
Hill and the surrounding suburbs. This includes Murarrie, Morningside, Carina, Carina Heights, Tingalpa, Hemmant, Balmoral, Hawthorne, Bulimba, Carindale, Belmont, Seven Hills and Camp Hill.